"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: if one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" (Ecclesiastes 4.9-10)

21.11.10

We must believe, even if no one else does..

"Now it was Mary Magdalane, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and the other women with them who told this to the apostles. But these words seemed to them an idle tale, and they did not believe them." (Luke 24.10 - 11)
It was women who first believed in Jesus, yet no one believed them. We are called to be like them and to share the gospel. Do you know someone who could benefit from you sharing hope, faith, and charity?
-This reminds me of the saying we were all told when we were little; "Don't judge a book by it's cover". Whether it's something you are being told, or you telling someone else, the word of God needs to be shared with everyone no matter who they are. Everyone could use encouragement and a little faith, so the next time you see someone who is struggling in need of God, give them a simple prayer and knowledge about our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Joanna, Brittany, and I
-So Friday was my birthday and it was lovely. I wanted to celebrate it on Thursday because everyone would be leaving to go home for Thanksgiving break Friday. I asked a couple of my friends to hang out, and some were busy and we just decided to do a small thing. To tell you the truth, I was upset that no one could really hang out because we were celebrating my birthday. So Brittany decided that me, her, and Joanna would go out to eat. I had to get ready and run to Wal*Mart with Brittany while Joanna got ready. I was really confused on why I had to get ready then instead of coming back, but I went along with it because Brittany insisted. After leaving Wal*Mart and we got back to the apartment, we had to bring the bags up. By now, I was really upset because I was hungry and just wanted to eat!! haha.. So we walked up, I walked into the apartment, and there was all my closest friends there to surprise me with a party!! I was so mixed with different feeling that I didn't know how to react. I have the best friends EVER and I am so glad for Brittany and Joanna for hosting and keeping this such a great surprise. I could not imagine having a better party with any other people. Thanks for everyone who came and made it AMAZING!!

-Today, I went to visit my mom in the hospital. Each day she looks better, is feeling better, and is aware of everything more and more! The doctor is very positive with everything, and he said that once the chemo treatments get going, then she should be doing much better. They took her off her breathing tube this morning and she lasted for an hour breathing on her own.. BIG STEP!! And he also said that she soon will be eating soft foods instead of being fed through a tube. I love just going up there and talking to her, because she has such a positive attitude with everything, and she makes me laugh so much; her sense of humor is still there!! I just encourage everyone to keep praying because we still have a long road until she is 100% percent again.. I love her so so much, and I know that she will pull through this!!

-Also I found this song I found shows me that there is always someone who is there and loves us.. its God!! Listen to it..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgGUKWiw7Wk


-Erika Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment