"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: if one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" (Ecclesiastes 4.9-10)

2.6.11

The Life for ME!!

"May all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you! May those who love your salvation say evermore, God is great!!" (Psalm 70.4)

The title of my blog, LiveLaughLove, truly goes with how I am living my life right now.  There has been so many things going on from my mom's death, to getting the position of executive director of Ole Miss Ambassadors, to just trying to live a 'normal' life, that sometimes I forget to just be myself.   I have to learn to just live life, love the people around me, and laugh at everything because it truly does make a difference.
Me, Allison, Chloe, Lauren, and Abbie
ready to go canoeing in the new lake.
Right now I am currently at camp.  I am a counselor at Camp Rim Rock, and loving the environment that I am in right now. Coming back and being with the returning counselors has been amazing, but meeting all of the new counselors has been a blast too.  I love coming here because I can just be myself no matter what anyone else thinks.  For the longest time going through high school and some through college, I had to put up a front for people to like me because I thought that is what I had to do, but at camp it is different. Camp is like a new slate for anyone; for them to be themselves.  I can show my awkward and craziness side, and for some odd reason, people still accept me for ME.  I have met some awesome people so far, and I have only been here for 5 days.  Even though we have been doing a lot of work around camp and helping camp get ready for sessions, I have been having a blast just being here and away from home for a while.  Its a time think about life, to open my mind, and to truly understand who i am.
No matter what happens in life, I can say that I lived life out to the fullest, loved those that are close to me and that I just met, and laughed at everything and myself on the journey.
God has blessed me with such an awesome instrument to spread his word, my word, and wonders that he can do. Him blessing me with the gift of camp and lovely friends has been more than i deserve. I love all of you who have read and kept up with my blog, and I will try to continue with it through the summer!!

-Erika Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment