"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: if one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" (Ecclesiastes 4.9-10)

9.6.15

There are so many beautiful reasons to be Happy..

"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love." -Ephesians 4.2 

One thing that I have realized over the past years is that there are so many beautiful reasons to be happy. People come and go in your lifetime, and you have no control over it. I like to think of that as one of the many blessings that is placed among us all. 
This isn't a post like my other posts, but yet a piece of joy that I have found
comfort in recently. If you have kept up with some of my posts over the years, you would know how precious my relationship with my mom was, and how I cherish the few moments I have with my close family and friends. With everything that has happened, I thought it would be harder for me to open my heart & love again, but yet it's not. I have learned that this life has thrown many obstacles my way. If I choose to dodge every single one, what point do I even have running in the race of life at all? Sometimes we have to move, jump over, or even go through many obstacles that we confront. Whether those things are meant to be positives or negatives, it's something that we all have to endure one way or another.
One way that I look at it is that we have a choice; we can either laugh and enjoy the good times over the bad times, or regret the laughs that we didn't have while the going was good. So many times I think that I have to have this "perfect life" and everything has to be a specific way; but why? Why are we forced to live life one way or another? I see myself as a butterfly in people's lives. I come and go, but many times you don't know I'm there. I like that when you do notice me, I can put a smile on your face. And when I am away, I am a happy memory. Many times, we strive to always be liked and remembered, but sometimes we forget that life on this planet is soon going to end, and we don't decide when it does.

All I know is that I try to live by these few words of wisdom:
When there is a happy moment, smile.
When there is a funny moment, laugh.
When there is a sad moment, cry.
And when there is a sorrowful moment, pray. 

We don't choose the happy or sad moments in our lives, but we can choose how we deal with them. Whether I am a butterfly in your life who comes and go's, or just a happy memory, I hope I made you smile. I hope I made you laugh. And I hope that I encouraged you to pray. 

We don't get to choose the people that we meet in our lives, but yet we do get to choose how to make those moments count!!


-Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment